To read today's edition of Wake Up To Politics in a PDF format, click here. Continue reading to find the text of the Wake Up in the body of the email!
Friday, September 4, 2015
431 Days until Election Day
39 Days until the 1st Democratic Debate
12 Days until the Next Republican DebateIt's Friday, September 4, 2015, I'm Gabe Fleisher for this #TGIF edition of Wake Up To Politics, and reporting from WUTP world HQ in my bedroom - Good morning: THIS IS YOUR WAKE UP CALL!!!
To send me questions, comments, tips, new subscribers, and more: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about WUTP or subscribe, visit the site: wakeuptopolitics.com, or read my tweets and follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/Wakeup2Politics or read stories on Wake Up To Politics by clicking the media logos at the bottom.
White House Watch
- The President’s Schedule President Obama hosts King Salman bin Abd alAziz of Saudi Arabia at the White House today for a meeting and a working lunch. The President and King will touch on many issues, terrorism chief among them.
- Another chief topic will likely be the Iran nuclear deal, which King Salman opposes.
- Rep. Kline Not Running in 2016 Rep. John Kline (R-MN) announced Thursday he does not plan to run for re-election next year.
- Kline is chairman of the House Education Committee, although he would have had to give up his gavel after his current term due to term limits on chairmanships in the GOP Caucus.
- The Minnesota Republican, who is close to House Speaker John Boehner, has served in the House since 2003. Before Congress, Kline served as a Marine Corps pilot in Vietnam and Somalia, before being assigned to the White House, where he piloted Marine One, the presidential helicopter, and served as a military aide under Presidents Carter and Reagan in charge of carrying the “football,” the President’s briefcase carrying nuclear launch codes.
- Kline’s district will be a potential pick-up opportunity for Democrats in 2016.
- Today’s Question Scott Walker does an event in Midland, Texas today. Which U.S. President was raised in Midland?
Forward *|FACEBOOK:LIKE|* To change the email address Wake Up To Politics is sent to you: *|UPDATE_PROFILE|* For more on Wake Up To Politics, listen to Gabe on NPR's "Talk of the Nation" and St. Louis Public Radio, watch Gabe on MSNBC's "Up with Steve Kornacki, and read about Gabe in Politico, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Globe, and the St. Louis Jewish Light