To read today's edition of Wake Up To Politics in a PDF format, click here. Continue reading to find the text of the Wake Up in the body of the email!
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
420 Days until Election Day
28 Days until the 1st Democratic Debate
1 Days until the Next Republican DebateIt's Tuesday, September 15, 2015, I'm Gabe Fleisher for Wake Up To Politics, and reporting from WUTP world HQ in my bedroom - Good morning: THIS IS YOUR WAKE UP CALL!!!
To send me questions, comments, tips, new subscribers, and more: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about WUTP and subscribe, visit the site: wakeuptopolitics.com, or like me on Twitter and Facebook. More ways to engage with WUTP at the bottom.
White House Watch
- The President’s Schedule At 11 AM, President Barack Obama will meet with his Secretary of Health and Human Services, Sylvia Matthews Burwell.
- At 11:55 AM, the President will honor the 2015 NCAA Women’s Basketball championship team, the University of Connecticut Huskies, at an East Room event.
- At 12:30 PM, Obama meets for his weekly lunch with Vice President Joe Biden, who is actively exploring a run for President.
- Finally, at 2:05 PM, the President will sit down for a bilateral meeting with King Felipe V of Spain in the Oval Office. Felipe V and Queen Letizia will be in the United States until Friday, and will also visit Miami and St. Augustine, Florida.
- Link: In Defense of Mt. McKinley A Politico Magazine article on the greatness of William McKinley: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/william-mckinley-great-president-denali-213147
- Trump Boards the “Battleship of Presidents” for National Security Address Businessman turned presidential candidate Donald J. Trump will deliver an address on national security in Los Angeles today, at an event hosted by Veterans for a Strong America. The event’s theme: “Make America’s Military Great Again”.
- Trump’s speech will take place aboard the USS Iowa, which has been converted into a museum in LA. The USS Iowa is known as the “Battleship of Presidents,” having carried Presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt (to Algeria on the journey to FDR’s 1943 Tehran summit with Winston Churchill and Josef Stalin) and Ronald Reagan.
- 2016 Trends I followed all 23 presidential candidates on Twitter and Instagram, liked them all on Facebook, and subscribed to their mailing lists and YouTube channels. Here’s the best of presidential candidate social media from yesterday:
- #ShotsFired: @Jeb vs. @Bernie Jeb Bush tweets, “This is how extreme the left has gotten. Why stop at $18 Trillion in spending @BernieSanders ?? $100 Trillion next?” with a link to this Wall Street Journal op-ed slamming Sanders’ proposals
- #ShotsFired: @Scott vs. @Hillary Scott Walker responds to a subtweet from Hillary Clinton (a tweet where she mentioned his name, but not his handle). “Unions help keep working families strong. Scott Walker's attacks on unions and workers' rights aren't leadership—they're bullying,” Clinton wrote.
- Walker directly responded, to her handle: .@HillaryClinton Actually we’re protecting the American worker from being forced to support candidates like you.
- #NFL Marco Rubio talks football in a web video titled “Catching Footballs, Fielding Questions”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErrGuZlaUBo
- #Bilingual Jeb Bush posts his latest ad to YouTube. Titled “Todos Somos Americanos,” the ad features both English and Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-nfueovttc. What would Donald Trump say?
- #dogs Remember the dog from Hillary Clinton’s campaign launch video? He’s back in Clinton’s latest YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClN3zQsixLo
Happy Birthday To...
- William Howard Taft The 27th President of the United States would be 158 years old today…if not for the fact that he is, well, dead.
Question of the Day
- Today’s Question The 70th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) opens in New York today. There are now 193 member states in the UNGA. How many of the 193 were founding members of the UN, 70 years ago?
Forward *|FACEBOOK:LIKE|* To change the email address Wake Up To Politics is sent to you: *|UPDATE_PROFILE|* For more on Wake Up To Politics, listen to Gabe on NPR's "Talk of the Nation, the Political Junkie podcast, and St. Louis Public Radio; watch Gabe on MSNBC's "Up with Steve Kornacki, and read about Gabe in Politico, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Globe, and the St. Louis Jewish Light