Wake Up To Politics Podcast: How to pick a VP
Are you wondering who Joe Biden will pick as his vice president?
In the latest episode of Wake Up To Politics, we break down how presidential candidates vet their potential running mates and discuss the leading contenders on Biden's shortlist.
I'm joined by Professor Joel Goldstein, the leading expert on the American vice presidency, and New York Times national political reporter Astead Herndon.
If you're curious about who Biden might pick, or how Biden's process stands out from how past presidential candidates have approached selecting a vice president, there will be a lot in the episode for you.
Listen now on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play, or Stitcher, and subscribe to make sure you don't miss an episode. If you enjoy the show, make sure to tell your friends and leave a review on the podcast platform of your choice.
Further reading on the VP selection process:
- Washington Post: “Racial tragedies add to pressure on Joe Biden to create a racially balanced ticket”
- Morning Consult: “Among Rumored Vice Presidential Candidates, Warren Would Give Biden the Biggest Boost”
- Wall Street Journal: “Personal Ties to Biden Could Be an Advantage in Running-Mate Race”
- Los Angeles Times: “From ‘shotgun wedding’ to political romance: How Obama picked Biden for vice president”
Some recent articles relating to past podcast episodes:
- New York Times: “As Trump Rails Against Voting by Mail, States Open the Door for It”... Listen to “The mail-in election”
- Washington Post: “The unluckiest generation in U.S. history”... Listen to “Generation Pandemic”
- FiveThirtyEight: “How Accurate Are State Polls? And What Could That Mean For November?”... Listen to “A user's guide to polls”
Thank you to our sponsor: