To read today's edition of Wake Up To Politics in a PDF format, click here. Continue reading to find the text of the Wake Up in the body of the email!
Thursday, March 12, 2015
607 Days Until Election Day 2016It's Thursday, March 12, 2015, I'm Gabe Fleisher for Wake Up To Politics, and reporting from WUTP world HQ in my bedroom - Good morning: THIS IS YOUR WAKE UP CALL!!!
To send me questions, comments, tips, new subscribers, and more: email me at email@example.com. To learn more about WUTP or subscribe, visit the site: wakeuptopolitics.com, or read my tweets and follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/Wakeup2Politics or read stories on Wake Up To Politics by clicking the media logos at the bottom.
White House Watch
- The President’s Schedule At 10:15 AM, President Obama will meet with Secretary of State John Kerry, before departing the White House at 1:50 PM for Los Angeles, where he arrives at 4:10 Pacific Time. Topics Obama and Kerry will discuss include Iran nuclear negotiations, Ukraine, and the Islamic State.
- At 5:35 PM, Obama will tape an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” in Los Angeles. This is his first appearance on the ABC late-night talk show as president; he was a guest on the show in 2008, while running for the White House.
- At 7 PM, he will attend a DNC fundraiser at a Santa Monica private residence.
- 2016 Travel Watch: Perry in NH Former Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX), a 2012 presidential candidate exploring a second White House bid in 2016, makes a trip to the key early primary state of New Hampshire today.
- Perry will speak at Saint Anselm College in Manchester, headlining a Politics & Eggs breakfast hosted by the New Hampshire Institute of Politics.
- Since 1996, almost every major candidate seeking their party’s presidential nomination has spoken at “Politics & Eggs,” and the events have become a traditional part of New Hampshire’s first-in-the-nation primary.
- For example, leading up to the 2012 New Hampshire primary, GOP presidential candidates Ron Paul, New Gingrich, Jon Huntsman, Rick Perry, Buddy Roemer, Tim Pawlenty, and Rick Santorum all spoke at a “Politics & Eggs” event.
- What YOU Think Yesterday, I asked for opinions on the Hillary email controversy from readers. Here is what you said:
- “The email issue should not matter to voters. Hilary answered the question and I believe her. The Republicans are going to continue to give her trouble - it's immature and inappropriate. Tell them to tend to more important matters than harassing Hilary!” – Aly Abrams
- “44USC chapter31 section 3105 describes safeguards needed, with the loss of 31000 emails she will be hard pressed to establish that the proper safeguards were in place. She may end up paying penalties.” – Rick Isserman
Question of the Day
- Yesterday’s Answer On Wednesday, the trivia question was: who was the most recent president or vice president to have been born in a log cabin?
- The answer is…Alben Barkley, vice president under Harry Truman, who was born in a log cabin near Lowes, Kentucky.
- No one got the answer right, but partial credit to Marlee Millman, who answered James Garfield, the most recent president to be born in a log cabin.