Wake Up To Politics Back-to-School Edition: Syllabus
Wake Up To Politics subscribers,
Hello and welcome to Wake Up To Politics, Volume 4! After a long summer, your favorite daily political newsletter - and teenager Editor-in-Chief - are finally returning bright and early tomorrow morning, August 25!
While for the rest of the school year I will - of course- be Editor-in-Chief, tomorrow I don the title of teacher in our Back-to-School edition! I am SO, SO, SO excited for tomorrow's edition and the year coming up! Tomorrow will be mostly back-to-school stuff (with a little news sprinkled in) and Tuesday I am looking forward to jumping fully in to a packed news cycle, and informing you on issues ranging from the Middle East to elections to Ferguson, Missouri.
The highlight of tomorrow's issue will be an interview with Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman to sit on the Supreme Court of the United States. My exclusive interview with O'Connor centers on what she calls her "most important work yet": the civic-based video game website, iCivics, she founded. I am really excited about sharing quotes and stats from our interview, which I worked for a loooong time to get, and she kindly consented to.
This is going to be a GREAT year, and I cannot be more excited to get started! Start the countdown to Monday morning!
As we approach the Back-to-School edition, here are some "school supplies" to enhance your reading experience:
- Your Email I want to make sure I have the right email to send to you this year - if this is being sent to a different email address than the one you want Wake Ups to be delivered to: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Excitement I sure have missed sending Wake Ups this summer, and I know you have been mourning the loss and counting down the days till my return ever since the Summer Guide in June - so check back in your inbox Monday and get excited about a fun year!
- Suggestions/Questions/Comments/Letters of Admiration Have any suggestions about how Wake Up To Politics can improve? Any questions? Any comments (hopefully positive, maybe some negative - those are welcome too)? Just want to drop me a line and say how psyched you are to be informed once again? If you said "yes" to any of these questions, please email me!
- Connect with Wake Up To Politics Online Daily political newsletter not enough? Don't forget to check Wake Up To Politics out online on Twitter (@WakeUp2Politics) and on the website (wakeuptopolitics.com). Also, read the blog post on the Wake Up's return!
- Tell a Friend Do you have a political junkie friend who wants to wake up early and be informed on the latest news? Tell them about Wake Up To Politics! Encourage them to subscribe and follow me on Twitter - to subscribe you can fill out a form on the website, or just send me a friend's email (with their permission of course) so I can add them to the mailing list! We are closing in on a whopping 600 subscribers, and just hit 350 followers today - let's keep on growing!
- Read the Back-to-School Edition tomorrow morning, Monday, August 25!
I hope your summer was good and are excited as I am for tomorrow's edition and the year to come!
Wake Up To Politics