Wake Up To Politics - April 27, 2015
To read today's edition of Wake Up To Politics in a PDF format, click here. Continue reading to find the text of the Wake Up in the body of the email!
Monday, April 27, 2015
561 Days Until Election Day 2016It's Monday, April 27, 2015, I'm Gabe Fleisher for Wake Up To Politics, and reporting from WUTP world HQ in my bedroom - Good morning: THIS IS YOUR WAKE UP CALL!!!
To send me questions, comments, tips, new subscribers, and more: email me at email@example.com. To learn more about WUTP or subscribe, visit the site: wakeuptopolitics.com, or read my tweets and follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/Wakeup2Politics or read stories on Wake Up To Politics by clicking the media logos at the bottom.
White House Watch
- Biden’s Day At 11 AM at Justice Department HQ, Vice President Joe Biden will swear in Loretta Lynch as U.S. Attorney General. The ceremony comes after the 165 days Lynch waiting in limbo between her nomination in November 2014 and confirmation last week, longer than any Cabinet nominee since at least 1993.
- Correspondent’s Dinner Did you miss Saturday’s White House Correspondent’s Dinner. You can still watch Cecily Strong’s and President Obama’s speeches at the dinner, via C-SPAN’s YouTube page.
- Travel Tracker Trump in NH Potential Republican presidential candidate and business mogul Donald Trump is in Concord, New Hampshire today, speaking at a “Politics & Pie” event. The event is part of a series hosted by the Concord Republican Committee, which has attracted a number of potential candidates for the White House.
- Webb in IA Potential Democratic presidential candidate and former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb is in Iowa today, addressing Democratic legislators. At 1 PM, he will address the Iowa Senate Democratic Caucus, and at 1:30, Webb will speak to the House Democrats.
Question of the Day
- Today’s Question Today is Ulysses S. Grant’s birthday, so in honor of the late President, today’s trivia question is…Who was buried in Grant’s Tomb?